Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hi, How Are Ya?


Let me just start by saying, I LOVE STEVE ZAHN. He is truely under appreciated.

Just think, would "That Thing You Do" really be the same with out him? I say no, very much no.

Movie of the week... SAHARA


(excuse the ginormous poster... I can't figure out how to resize it)

This is one of those movies you watch and love and then completely forget about for some reason. I'm not usually a huge fan of Matthew McConaughey, or Penelope Cruz for that matter. But in Sahara it just works. Plus throw Rainn Wilson into the mix as a not annoying nerdy guy and the amazing movie quotes just don't end. I would sum this movie up for you but I just want you to go watch it (or borrow it from me, I'll happily lend)

Steve Zahn = Al Giordino
McConaughey = Dirk Pitt (admit it... Dirk is a cool name)


Al: Hey, you know how it is when you see someone that you haven't seen since high school, and they got some dead-end job, and they're married to some woman that hates them, they got, like, three kids who think he's a joke? Wasn't there some point where he stood back and said, "Bob, don't take that job! Bob, don't marry that harpy!" You know?
Dirk: Your point?
Al: Well, we're in the desert, looking for the source of a river pollutant, using as our map a cave drawing of a Civil War gunship, which is also in the desert. So I was just wondering when we're gonna have to sit down and re-evaluate our decision-making paradigm?

Al: Hi, How are ya?

Dirk: Maybe you have a small head.
Al: I don't think so. Someone would have told me.

Okay I'll stop before I do give you a run down of the whole movie. Bottom line, one of the best pairings... though I will say Jude Law and Robert Downy Jr. probably beat it in Sherlock Holmes.

No comments: