Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Adele

Let's throw some music into the mix, shall we? We shall. Fortunately for me (and for you) I have just recently fallen in love with an amazing voice. Adele is slowing gaining the popularity she deserves. I've enjoyed some of her music for quite some time. Some of my favorites from the past few years are "Chasing Pavement" or her awesome version of "Make You Feel My Love" . Both are from her album 19 from back in 2008, like I said... she's been around a fair while. Just last week I heard a song from her more recent album 21 and it was one of those that made me turn around, by the album and then play over and over in my car and just don't get sick of. This woman has a flat out AMAZING voice and she jams every note full of genuine emotion.

I've been wrestling with picking a favorite from the 21 album... so I picked my top 4. These are the ones I feel are "strummin my pain with his fingers" right now for me. I picked these four because they really cover the range of emotion you (or really I) feel at the end of a relationship. I think that's a place everyone relates to at one point or another. If that doesn't apply to you (well, you're lying) then you can't help but get a glimpse of those feelings while Adele is singing.

"Don't You Remember"... a little hopeless and confused, wondering what went wrong.
"Turning Tables"... done with the ups and downs, hurt and resolved to end it.
"Someone Like You"... totally and completely missing someone who meant so much and hurting at the idea of them moving on.
"Rolling In the Deep"... love this one! It's a feisty hurt with just a tinge of bitterness and sadness.

Now I'm totally the sing-a-long-in-the-car type of girl and these ones provoke the kind of stares in traffic that interrupt my belting it out with fits of laughter at the faces of people driving by. I can't help but just turn it up and sing.... very loudly. And I dare you to listen to "Rolling in the Deep" and not at least tap your foot.... don't be surprised if you end up REALLY moving.


And in my opinion if you sound this amazing live, there isn't much argument left.

No comments: