I'll give you a little tidbit of information about me. My mind is a comparison machine. I thrive on examples, similes, metaphors, parables, and the like. I have an eye for patterns and detail. Sometimes I'm really impressed with the connections I make. Sometimes things turn out really eloquent and beautiful, but more often than not I end up spending a lot of time trying to explain to people how my mind got from one thing to another. It all makes sense to me.
Sometimes the connections my mind comes up with are absolutely ridiculous and often very funny. If you ever see me quietly laughing to myself... that's why. I had one of these moments today. I was driving home from IKEA and there was a man on a motorcycle on the freeway. I was already drawing the conclusion that he was odd because 1. he didn't have a helmet on 2. because he didn't have a helmet on you could see from behind that he was wearing goggles. I
instantly found this amusing and then I came up along side of him and realized he was an older man (when I say "older" I actually mean "old''). The connection my mind made was something like this....

and then a fit of hysterical laughter. :)
1 comment:
Ha now that was entertaining! love it
Post a Comment