Well I'm doing it anyways...
Yesterday in my "good" list I mentioned interviewing for a possible new position. It was on the good list because it had it's own list and good happened to out way the bad. I was uncomfortable, for some reason, with all the attention I was unintentionally drawing to myself in the new office. Maybe it was uncomfortable because it's unintentional because, let's be honest, when it's intentional attention seeking... I love it.
Despite all of my worries and insecurities with the situation I was extremely flattered to learn that I had been recommended by my supervisor who padded the recommendation with some very high praise. I was kind of floored and VERY flattered. I've felt a little out of my element and I've really wanted to do a good job since this is what I've decided what my career is going to be. It was a great confidence boost that I definitely needed.
So 6 weeks after started this new job... I've been promoted and given a raise. I've been given great opportunities that will give me great experience in this new (and exciting) career. I'll be much more involved in the litigation process, and while I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon, it will look great on a resume.
No scales to tip today. I'm feeling great. Super flattered, excited, and filled with a desire to earn all the praise.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment