Friday, June 3, 2011

Full Circle

I'm almost 100% positive about a few things... 1. Very few people read this blog (which is fine... it's more a therapeutic thing for me than anything else) 2. There are even fewer people that have read my blog since I started blogging about 3 years ago (let's ignore the 2ish years that I didn't actually post on my blog).

So there are very few people out there that know that one of my first posts was excitement about getting out on my own and moving to Bountiful. There are some of you that know how good and stable it has been for me to be back at home during all of the change of the past few months. There are a lot of you that know I've been very retrospective lately... I've grown and changed so much from two years ago.

I've learned to get over the shy front that I put up with people at first meeting.

I've lived on a budget... a very tight budget. You know the kind where you are trying to think of new ways to eat Ramen or find a cereal you haven't eaten for a week straight.

I've had 7 different roommates. Some I love and some... not so much.

My ratio of number of dates per month has improved... if only ever so slightly.

I've been in love.

I've laughed so hard my abs hurt.

I've stayed up late with friends crying over the tough things in life.

I've been heartbroken.

I've done a million and more happy dances.

I've done things I consider successful.

I've learned 100 or more random fact to add to the archives in my head.

I've really matured in the art of pranks.

I've gone back to school.

I've made big, hard decisions.

I've tried new things.

I've stubbornly continued the same old habits and ways of doing things.

I've made the kind of memories that sneak up on you and make you smile, ever so slightly.

And now... I'm doing it again. And I'm very excited... look at that list of things! How could I not be excited... and absolutely terrified? This time around, I don't know anyone. I don't even know my way around. I got lost trying to find the freeway the other day... driving on a grid system with mountains for directional reference.

BUT.... in keeping with my new "All you can do is keep moving forward" motto.... I'm doing it.

Stay tuned for whiney posts about packing.

<3

2 comments:

Kyle and Valisa said...

I read your blog! All the time!

eden and david said...

Go you! You are doing awesome.