Friday, April 15, 2011

The End....

... more like "Next Chapter". Except usually when I finish a chapter in a book I'm reading I'm not terrified to turn the page.

Today was my last day at Burt Brothers. I've been there for 2 1/2 years. I walked out the door today without a second thought. My desk was all generic again. I said my goodbyes. And just walked out. 95% of the people working for Burt Brothers, that I talk to on a daily basis, have no idea that I won't walk right back in first thing Monday morning. I know I've indulged in some whining the past few posts, but I'm sad! And scared. I came home, took a wonderful nap, and BAM! Reality is starting to sink in.

I'm not sure what I'm afraid of... it's just a new job. Maybe it's the fact that I'm working on my final paper for my class, getting a job in the field that I've been doing all of this homework for, and saying goodbye to the "standby" job. Probably doesn't help that my birthday is next week and 24 sounds a lot older than 23 in my head. When did I grow up?! I'm just a kid right? Nope. I have a career (granted this is step 1 of said career, but it still counts). I have a degree. Okay I've had that one for awhile, but I wasn't actually using it and in a week I'll have a professional certificate on top of that. I know a move is in the future and I'm tempted to just erase that one from the list because if I live with my parents I'm not really an adult yet right?

In all honesty, change just kind of freaks me out. I'm indulging myself a little in a childish tantrum here... I realize that. Forgive me, I'm just trying to hold on to that "I'm not an adult" feeling.

No comments: