I like to think I'm pretty honest when I write my blog posts. I'm maybe not the most forthcoming, but really the entire internet doesn't need to know all the details of my life. That'd just be weird. Anyways, what I'm getting at is that I think I've expressed fairly often that the past few years have been full of change, hurt, healing, and growth. Over all, pretty normal for any human being. It hasn't been easy. I've seen a lot of ups and downs. I've been heartbroken, hopeless, sad, ashamed, and a whole list of depressing, but fairly common emotions. Along with those hard things, I've be happy. I've been in love. I've been loved. I've felt hope. I've made good memories. I've met and come to know some AMAZING people.
Some of the most important men in my life the past few years have been two wonderful bishops. (Dad, if you are reading this, you are still THE most important man in my life!) These two men have taught me and loved me. They gave me hope and encouraged me to move forward with life. They have been there in my hardest times. I have talked, and cried, and laughed with them both. Through them I have felt the love that my Father in Heaven has for me, and I have come to know my Savior better through their example. I could go on and on. There are so many good memories, words of wisdom, and lessons learned.
On May 1 Bishop Murray will be released and Bishop Crosland will no longer be my bishop. I'll say again that I am excited to see what these big changes will bring, but as I said goodbye to them and the bishopric tonight I was blessed to see, with great clarity, how fortunate I have been to know them. I cannot express how grateful I am.
Thank you Bishop Crosland and Bishop Murray! I love you both so much!
In thinking about this, I realize how often there are people that come into our lives, even for a short time that make HUGE impacts. There are those who we love, we connect with, and then we have to move on to other things. We give a little of ourselves and we take little pieces of others with us. I am so grateful for the little pieces I have been given! Part of the "Ups" I have had the past few years are the people who have come into my life and who have shared themselves with me. There is quite the list of people that have come and gone, some only part of my life for a very short time, and many to whom it was VERY hard to say goodbye to. There is a bigger list of memories and moments of love and growth that with time, instead of fading, will only mean more to me and will continue to become a part of who I am. Because of these amazing friends I am better and stronger.
No comments:
Post a Comment