I have officially been a paralegal for 3 days. It has been totally weird to have my supervisor introduce me as "Jessica, our new paralegal".That just sounds so officially awesome. I feel super hardcore that I have a name badge/key card on a zippy belt clip, and finally have a desk assignment so I get to start moving myself in over the next few days.
I also wrapped up my class this past weekend and it has felt really good to not worry about what homework needs to be done when I get home from work. To those who are wondering... I got an A (both on my final paper and in the class overall). I'm debating hanging my diploma from Weber and my Paralegal Certificate in my cubicle. Is that bragging?
Anyways, the new job has been great so far and only a little overwhelming. It has been good to find that everyone is excited for me to be there. I'll be working with a lady named Jen. She has been training me this week on preparing certain court documents and it has been a lot to take in but will be great while I help her catch up. All of this practice will help me prepare for whatever else they have in store for me. I'll also be helping a lady named Fermina keep track of our court calendar and have my first court trip on Friday! I'm super excited about that (as you can probably tell). It will be a great experience to be in the court room and interacting with the attorneys. Before you get all these law and order scenes running through your head... I'll pretty much just be handing the attorney his notes at the supplemental hearings. I work in collections law... criminal law to come later :)
I had some worries and reservations about this job and what it would mean for me, but I am really excited to see where this goes. I'm loving the busy office environment. There are so many really friendly people to get to know and it turns out there are lots of office party/outings/activities that go on, and that's another new experience I'm looking forward to. Here's hoping I can make it through the rest of the week without being totally overwhelmed!
No comments:
Post a Comment