Its my week again and I decided to be brave and try something new. I searched around Pinterest for awhile until I found something new and different. I really liked this one, and so did Steve, which makes a recipe so much better. Tonight we put these on hoagie rolls and had meatball sandwiches but they would be great on pasta, or delicious as appetizers.
What you'll need
1 lb lean ground beef
2 eggs beaten w/ 1/2 C of milk
1/2 C grated Parmesan
1 C bread crumbs (I used Italian, but you can use any flavor or Panko)
1 small onion minced
2 cloves of garlic - grated
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1/4 c mined FRESH basil OR 1 1/2 Tbsp of DRIED basil
ground pepper - to taste
baking sheet
foil or parchment paper
large mixing bowl
Mix all ingredients by hand in a large bowl. Form into golf ball sized meatballs and place on lined baking sheet. I got about 20 meatballs out of this recipe. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Tips: make sure you mince up your ingredients really well. I "chopped" my onion and the larger pieces got in the way when rolling the meatballs. In the future I also may back off the onion and only use 1/2 of a small onion.
The original recipe calls for FRESH minced basil, but that can get expensive unless you have your own plant. As a general rule you use about 1/3 the amount of dried if you're substituting in a recipe. I put the conversion in the ingredients list. I used fresh basil so I'm not sure how using dried will affect the bulk of your recipe. If you go this route, let me know how it goes.
This recipe was so easy, just mix it up and throw it in the oven. Since we made sandwiches all I had to do was pull the meatballs out of the oven, and throw them onto some rolls. I topped mine with some marinara sauce and provolone cheese. Steve isn't a fan of red sauce, but loved his with some provolone, cream cheese, and olives.
ENJOY!
I found this recipe on Pinterest here. There is no link to an original source but whoever came up with this is AMAZING.
No comments:
Post a Comment