Monday, April 1, 2013

Crockpot Buffalo Chicken

Steve and I planned on going to the Color Festival again in Spanish Fork this weekend so I decided to do a crock pot meal that would be ready for us when we got home. Buffalo chicken is NOT my favorite thing, but Steve loves it. I decided to be a good sport and make this recipe again for him, and even though it isn't my favorite... this recipe was pretty good. I'm not a fan of spicy so I used the original wing sauce but feel free to use whatever your favorite sauce is. Steve is determined to get some WingCoop sauce for me to use next time.

What you'll need
3-4 large chicken breasts
1/2 package (1oz) Ranch Dressing mix
12 oz bottle of buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank's Original)
2 tbsp butter
Large crockpot
Toppings: ranch dressing, blue cheese crumbles, mozzarella, cream cheese

I always use a liner when I use my crock pot, it just makes things so much easier when it comes to clean up. It also helps keep things from sticking. If you don't use a liner you may want to spray the inside of your crockpot. This recipe is super easy. Pour a little sauce into the bottom of the crock pot, throw in your chicken breasts (mine were mostly frozen even), sprinkle your dressing mix over the chicken and pour the rest of the sauce over top. Cover and set your crock pot to low for 6-8 hours. At about 6 hours I used tongs to pull the chicken apart, and let the shredded meat sit in the crock pot for another hour or so. Add the butter just before you serve and stir it around so it will melt. I'm not sure what this step does for the chicken but it was delicious.

I served the chicken on hard rolls. Steve put cream cheese and blue cheese crumbles on his. I put ranch on mine. We just had chips and veggies as a side, but coleslaw would be a great summer side as well.

We had plenty of left overs so stay tuned for how I plan to use them later in the week!

ENJOY!

I found this recipe on All recipies 




No comments: