Thursday, July 28, 2011

Movies Lately

I've spent a lot of time watching movies lately. It turns out I don't have much to do and/or I'm too lazy to do anything else. I've pretty much figured out where every REDBOX is in a 5 mile radius from my house (and probably should just get a Netflix membership).
Since I've watched so many I'm just going to give you a quick run down.

5 -------------------------3------------------------1
<------Loved it ................... Didn't hate it ...................... Ugh... no.------>
(5)
I promise it isn't what you're expecting! Plus who doesn't love a good dose of Matt Damon?

(4)
This might be biased by my love of dance. I bought the soundtrack after seeing it again and have earned a few odd looks from people that have seen me car dancing.... totally all out :)


(3)
It's a good action flick with a twist (even if the twist is a little obvious). Love Diane Kruger and LOVE LOVE LOVE Liam Neeson. He is getting older but he is definitely still hard core.


(5)
I started this movie thinking I'd run it in the background while I did laundry. I got totally sucked in! Johnny Depp does an amazing job (as usual) and it's such a fun, feel-good movie.

(1.75)
It was an interesting twist on the classic story.... but that also made it kind of predictable. The acting was disappointing, and it just wasn't super entertaining.


(3.5)
Excellent acting by Jesse Eisenberg, well the entire cast really (yep, even Justin Timberlake.... ugh his character is such a douche!) Not really a movie to watch for the pure entertainment value, but it's a very interesting story and I can appreciate that in a movie.


(4.5)
OH. WOW. Again, not one to watch for pure entertainment value, but if James Franco can keep me watching a close up of him for and hour and 1/2.... and amazed and slightly grossed out... promise it's worth watching.

(4)
First, I love me some Jake Gyllenhaal. Loved the idea of the movie... kind of a puzzle that they drop enough hints for you to kind of stay ahead of the game with a few big surprises.

(2.25)
Not a total let down... but close. Started off strong then fizzled. Sadly... it's hit and miss with Mr. Cage.

AND I do actually see some movies in theaters!

(5)
I saw this one at midnight so it's slightly foggy but definitely awesome.


(5.5)
Yep, I gave it an extra half a point because I LOVE HARRY POTTER and it's the end of an era!
I cried... 3 times.

Yes, I realize that was a lot of movies. Before you get all worried... I didn't watch them marathon style and did actually watch a fair few of them with other people so I'm not a total hermit/loser.

If anyone has suggestions, please share! And go watch the good ones if you haven't! <3

No comments: