Saturday, June 1, 2013

Perfect Mint Frosting

I've had a bit of a sweet tooth lately, and I've made the goal to get back to eating right. In "celebration" I'm sharing a yummy not so healthy recipe... For the road.

What You'll Need
Hand mixer or kitchen aid w/ whisk attachment
1/2 c (1 stick) butter - softened
3 c powdered sugar
3 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp of peppermint extract
2-3 drops green food coloring

Cream the butter and powdered sugar together until smooth. Add milk, 1 tbsp at a time until "spreadable". Add extract and food coloring.

This is just the perfect minty-ness for me. I put this on top of my basic brownies and it is so yummy!

This also makes a yummy basic cake frosting when you substitute vanilla for the peppermint extract. You could also add a couple of tbsp of coco powder for a chocolate frosting. 

ENJOY the sweets! I'll probably be throwing a lot more "healthy" this way in the near future. 

My mom taught me this "basic buttercream", but I found my perfect mint ratio at bettycrocker.com

No comments: