What you'll need:
2 lbs pork roast
1 jar of salsa verde (15-18 oz)
1 can Rotel Tomatoes (10 oz)
1 can diced green chilies (4 oz)
1 white onion - chopped in large pieces
1/2 tsp cumin
crock pot
crock pot liner (optional)
Throw everything in a crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Easy right?!
I personally LOVE the La Victoria brand salsa verde, and usually keep some in stock in my house.
Also, for those of you with access, I usually buy my spices from Winco in the bulk bins. I don't use cumin much and really didn't want to buy a whole jar for 4 dollars. At winco I "stocked up" on about 2 tbsp for a whopping $0.07! I seriously love Winco (except for their produce, it does not amaze).
This is in the crock pot at home at the moment, so I'll be sure to share mine and Steve's verdict tonight. I picked up all of our favorite taco toppings, and we plan to keep everything pretty simple tonight.
ENJOY!
Sadly I have no idea where this recipe went. I happened to take a screen shot of the recipe from pinterest while browsing on my iPhone, and I forgot to pin the original recipe. Credit does not go to me.
UPDATE: We just finished dinner and this recipe gets a double thumbs up. Both Steve and I loved this! Great flavor, and perfectly done (sometimes my 6-8 hour crockpot receipes get over done while I'm at work). This may be my new "go to" taco meat recipe. SO YUMMY!
UPDATE: We just finished dinner and this recipe gets a double thumbs up. Both Steve and I loved this! Great flavor, and perfectly done (sometimes my 6-8 hour crockpot receipes get over done while I'm at work). This may be my new "go to" taco meat recipe. SO YUMMY!
No comments:
Post a Comment