Yesterday was a very interesting day, and when all was said and done... I just wanted a treat. I ended up with Triple Caramel Swirl Ben & Jerry's, but for those days that you just need comfort food, I decided to share one of my favorite sweet recipes. These are not too rich or heavy, and absolutely perfect for pot lucks or BBQs.
What you'll need:
Supplies:
9x13 baking dish
zester or fine grater
parchment paper (optional)
hand mixer
sifter or fine collander
Crust
1 C butter (softened)
1/2 c powdered sugar
2 c flour
cream together butter and powdered sugar. add flour. Makes crumbley mixture. I use my hands to smash it together and pat it into a greased and floured 9x13. I've also lined my pan with parchment paper, which works great.
Bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes until the edges are slightly browned.
While the crust is baking, make your filling
filling
4 eggs (slightly beaten)
2 c sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 c flour
1/4 c lemon juice
zest of one lemon
Mix all ingredients well.
NOTE: I only ever use real lemon juice and usually need 2-3 lemon depending on how large and juicy they are. However, these will turn out fine if you use bottled juice and leave out the zest. Wash and zest one lemon using short strokes over a fine grater. Make sure not to get too deep. You just want the yellow part, not the white. Also remember to zest the lemon before you juice it, I've forgotten that before and it make things SO much harder.
Pour the filling over the hot crust and bake for 20-25 min at 350* until top just starts to get golden.
COOL COMPLETELY. Sift powdered sugar on top.
Usually I will make these the night before I need them and put them in the fridge over night. Then cut and powder them. Of course if you are make them just for you, just make sure they are cooled or they are a MESS to try and get out of the pan. Also make sure to cover lightly with plastic wrap. These will do fine on the counter or in a tin covered at room temperature, but I like to keep mine in the fridge.
ENJOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment