Tuesday, June 4, 2013

"Skinny" Summer Popsicles

Ok so the sweet tooth thing has been harder to kick than I thought! I've done REALLY well at avoiding candy, or making yet another pan of rice krispy treats (which I always convince myself aren't that bad for you anyways). Sadly, I still have cravings for something sweet and yummy. It's summer! You can't really blame me. I searched around pinterest for awhile to try and find a compromise and I found TONS of Popsicle recipes. I don't know why it is just now dawning on me that I can my my own Popsicle, but I think it is genius! My mother-in-law gave me her old school  tupperware Popsicle molds and they are my new favorite thing. (No really they are listed as "vintage" on ebay and etsy). I've tried two "skinny" recipes and they have turned out great!

Pina Colda Popsicles

What you'll need
1 can pineapple chunks, w/ juice
1 can coconut milk
1 banana
blender
popsicle molds or maker

Dump everything in the blender and blend until nice and smooth. Pour into your molds and freeze for at least two hours.

I really enjoyed these AND they have no added sugar. With the size of my molds each popsicle came out to be about 100 calories.

Strawberry Cheesecake Popsciles

What you'll need
1 box sugar free cheesecake pudding
2 c milk
frozen (or fresh) strawberries
blender
popsicle molds or maker

Make the pudding as directed. Use the blender to chop up a cup or so of frozen strawberries (or puree fresh). I mixed my fruit into the pudding, but I've seen them layered as well. Pour in and freeze.

Do I even need to say how yummy these ones were. Again, no added sugar and super low calorie cool treat for the summer.

ENJOY!

The Pina Cola came from Pinterest (here), and the Cheescake pops were kind of a mix of ideas on pinterest an my own ideas. Pudding pops traditionally have cool whip mixed in but I decided to leave that out and they still turned out creamy and delicious!

No comments: