Sunday, August 21, 2011

Right at my Fingertips

I have an iPhone. I love it for many MANY reasons. I can play games, google things, watch movies and TV, check the weather, read a book, download and listen to music, check my bank account, make a shopping list, and SO MUCH MORE.

I also have the LDS app "Gospel Library". I have a full set of scriptures, the hymn book, and any manual or church magazine right there on my phone's screen. I can access it whenever and where ever I want. I can mark things, link verses, add tags and notes and then I can sign on to LDS.org and see it all transferred there. I used to carry around this GINORMOUS church bag on Sundays and now I just make sure I grab my phone.

I've had this awesome resource for a few months now and just this week it hit me how amazing it really is. Maybe because it's been a bit of an emotional week. I had a good long talk about life with my bishop. I found myself pulling up conference talks and scriptures in the hallway at work, waiting for my eye doctor appointment, and sitting in the parking lot at Wal-mart even. I know it shouldn't make a difference, but it just seemed so hard to pull out scriptures or an Ensign in public places, but now... for all anyone else knows I'm just very concentrated on a game of Fruit Ninja.

On top of all of that... my phone gives me access to amazing friends that support and comfort me. 

Sometimes I feel like cell phones are a problem bordering on addiction, but this week I have felt very blessed to have so much right at my fingertips.

No comments: