Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday


First, excuse my tired rantings from yesterday... but that honestly really bugs. Idk that it bugs enough to post it for the whole world to see but I'm not one to delete posts.

Moving on.

Today was a "MONDAY". Don't get me wrong here, I've had plenty of "MONDAYS" but oh wow. Sure, in high school there were those days where you had a ton of homework and it all seemed super important and stressful and like you were walking around like one of those little goblin things on Labyrinth with a TON of stuff on top of you. Ya know...

...this thing.

But it was high school. I never really thought homework was super important so even the big stuff was no big deal. A line of thinking that meant I never really did homework...

Sure I get stressed about deadlines, and often make things out to be more important than they actually are, but it was a little shocking to realize that today was really one of THOSE MONDAYS.

Today was a Monday where I seriously wished at 3PM that it was only noon so I could have more time to do things. That seems crazy, but 1/3 of my team at work is missing. I'm trying to keep up with everything... and I'm really doing fine, but it all seems so important. I was trying to answer 15 emails at once, finish entering the pile of attorney mail, get the right deadlines on all of the pleadings so cases won't drop (or so that we don't get sued), I am supposed to be writing a wiki page, typing up discovery, AND fixing my huge mix-up from church yesterday. All using a new ergonomic totally weird/awesome keyboard that slows me down, but again, is awesome (The keyboard was THE most exciting part of my day, btw. I know NERD.)

Surprisingly, I'm not grumpy... I don't even feel like I'm whining... Just one of those "when did I become a grown up" moments I guess. It hits pretty hard sometimes... I just sit and wonder where the heck high school went.

Luckily I've had A LOT of practice with what will now be referred to as mini-Mondays and I know EXACTLY how to handle this.

Diet Coke.
Carbs for dinner.
Awesome movie.
Off to some outdoor FHE.
Later, hit the McD drive-thru for a $1 ice cream cone (and maybe another Diet Coke).
Bubble bath....

and BRING ON TUESDAY!

No comments: