
I was really glad to find that I am pretty comfortable there with both the job I am doing and the people I will be working with. Steph sat and trained me today, which basically consisted of her showing me around and teaching me the ropes. She is really nice and I'm glad because I had some stupid moments. Everyone else seems really nice and laid back and I'm trying to pick up on how Steph has done things so that I don't annoy everyone else. She did give me a few pointers like...
Brandon (who works at the Bountiful store, is the son of one of the owners, and also happens to be my cousin) hates voice mail. Key thing to remember, don't ask Brandon if he wants to leave a voice mail, just take a message.
Jeremy's headset doesn't beep when he is out in the warehouse. I have to suck it up and page him when he is out there. I don't know why this is so hard for me because I worked at a grocery store and spent half my time on the PA there. (I made Steph do all the paging today)
I also learned where the supply closet is, a few around the office games (such as Logan must get a hello, not an office greeting and only three strikes are allowed. Also whoever is latest back from lunch buys the drinks the next morning), the bear's name is Fred (Wendel shot him), and Matt can throw a tire pretty dang far. You can probably tell that they believe in having fun at the office and I am SO glad because as much as I wanted a desk job, I did not want a STUFFY desk job.
Other things I'm excited about; I get my own desk (big comfy chair included), my "severance" check from Smith's, and shopping with Ellen tomorrow for an expanded "business casual" wardrobe (which is seriously lacking).
No comments:
Post a Comment