Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nostalgia

Yes, I realize that I'm really bad at this (already).

It has been a pretty normal couple of weeks since I started this thing up, but here's the rundown.

I've realized lately that my little siblings are amazing and I can't help but brag about them! I just got home from Tyler's parent preview at Davis High. The band was amazing and totally made me nostalgic. Quitting colorguard is definitely on my list of regrets. For those of you that may not know the story there...

My sister Ellen was in the WHS colorguard in Houston, and, of course, I wanted to be just like her so I tried out for colorguard at the end of my eighth grade year at Wells. Turns out I wasn't half bad and I made it. I look back and I am SO grateful for that experience (however short it turned out to be). I started highschool with a huge group of friends and a purpose! Colorguard was an awesome way to hang out with some of the coolest people I have ever known (some that I still brag about). I also stayed (way) in shape. Sadly, my dad lost his job towards the end of my freshman year and so I was only around for marching season since I couldn't afford to go to Dayton for winterguard and I was too chicken to ask the guard instructor, KC, if I could come back my sophomore year. (anyways, sorry for the tangent)

Tyler was awesome tonight and I love to tell people about my drumline captain brother. If I was on top of things I would have pictures and a video to prove the awesomeness of DHS Band but I still suck at the camera thing.

Collin is equally amazing. He is play football again this year and he is awesome at everything to do with football. I am always hearing about how his coach tells him how well he has done in practice or at a game. I'm not really surprised as Collin is a huge monster now! He is beginning to tower over me the way Tyler does. I am constantly surprised at the things they say and can't figure out how they have school and such dialed in!

Anyways, here's a slightly embarassing picture to go along with the post.

1 comment:

Kyle and Valisa said...

I think you look adorable in that pic!