So I post A LOT about my job. What can I say? I like it. It is interesting. I like the people I work with. It's a CONSTANT challenge. AND we get incentives :)
This month, thanks to some amazing fellow Halloween lovers, the incentives are less work related and more holiday related. We are having a pumpkin carving contest, a costume contest, and a cubicle decorating contest.
Costume contest, in the bag thanks to an amazing group costume idea that I'm totally stoked about
Pumpkin carving, one of my most unusual but awesome talents
Cubicle decorating... ?
I share a double cubicle with my team leader. Which is awesome because we have a lot of space, and we get a long great. Last week everyone started putting up decorations (aka spiderwebs). There's skull light strings, and fake spiders, and cutesy little pumpkins and candy corns. Fermina and I just didn't want to follow the crowd, so we brainstormed and... LIGHT BULB.
Over the next few days our cubicle will slowly transform into an active crime scene! As of now we have clearly marked the crime scene with yellow tape and have a chalk (or masking tape) outline of a body. Soon to come, evidence markers and bags, a weapon, fingerprints, and BLOOD!
Can you tell I'm excited. Everyone has already started commenting on our creativity and we are having a lot of fun.
The only downside, it has made me a little nostalgic. I miss the nerdy lab work and puzzling out a tricky fingerprint or two .... or ten. I pulled out all of my old school work to flip through for ideas, and it made me excited. Maybe finishing up my degree is still in the future for me (as scary a thought as that is), maybe it isn't but it has been SO MUCH FUN to pull out some of that old knowledge and flaunt it a little bit. I think I'll go look at some fingerprints (NERD!!)
Pictures to come!
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment