Friday, September 16, 2011

Unwinding

This week has been a tough one. Luckily it has gone by really fast! My parents decided they needed to go to Hawaii for some unknown reason and asked me to stay with my 16 yr old brother Collin to keep him company and make sure he feeds himself. My mom offered me gas money and access to her food so I can't really say that's a bad deal, but an extra 30- 40 minute commute in the morning reminded me why I moved to Sandy.

I've taken on a lot lately and I'm still adjusting to some changes.... but maybe this week's exhaustion was really only because I'm not even near the realm of "morning person". Who knows.... but like I said, tough.

I came home (to my parents') today knowing I had the night off. BUT step one, clean the kitchen. Done. Quite thoroughly I might add. Step two, got check the garden, which I have neglected all week. Needless to say there was a GIANT zucchini and about a billion tomatoes (Ooops). Step three... food. So I sat for a minute staring at a billion tomatoes. TOMATO SOUP!

So... here I am an hour and 1/2 since I walked in the door. The kitchen is clean. There is a delicious smelling MADE FROM SCRATCH soup simmering on the stove. I ran to Harmon's for some delicious looking bread that is about to be turned into a nice melty grilled cheese sandwich (I gotta say... grilled cheese is somewhat of a specialty) and I feel REALLY good about myself.

Yes, I'm still exhausted. Yes, I plan on eating then turning on the most boring looking movie I could find at Redbox (The Conspirator) and promptly falling into a semi-comatose state. YES, I'm totally impressed with myself. (Yes, I'm awesome). Yes, you can tell I'm tired. BIGGEST YES OF ALL... I have achieved enough in the last hour to unwind and feel marginally better about my more than marginally crappy week.

Like I said, I'm awesome :)


No comments: