I had a conversation about this with a co-worker this week and now here I am, Saturday Morning of a long weekend, sleepy-eyed with a bowl of cereal and the only thing I need is some Saturday Morning Cartoons.
WHAT HAPPENED TO SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS?!
I'm talking Animaniacs, Pinky and The Brain, X-Men, TMNT. If I turned on the TV right now I'd get some 10th generation power rangers ninja force garbage. Good thing I don't have a TV. But really... what happened to a good Saturday Morning line-up? What do Mom's do with their kids for 3 hours instead of letting them slowly wake up to Yako, Wako, and Dot singing the countries of the world, or Pinky and the Brain failing yet again at taking over the world. And the poor children!
I'm lucky enough to have Pinky and the Brain on DVD and access to old school cartoons and Netflix, but what do kids even watch these days?
This may be another one of those times you're thinking I'm a complete dork, but just in case you've forgotten how it feels to watch cartoons 1/2 asleep on Saturday Morning....
See, you just got excited didn't you.
No comments:
Post a Comment