I'm supposed to be doing homework right now. Oh yeah, for those of you that I haven't complained to about homework yet... I've decided to go back to school and get my Paralegal Certificate. In the two years between graduating and starting this class I managed to completely forget how much I hate homework, especially busy work. I wish there was just an honor system...
"Yes, teacher, I understand this concept"
"Okay, great let's move on"
Instead the response is
"Really?! Well, do exercises 1 - 150 in the workbook and I'll be the judge of that! And make sure to go cross eyed from reading the accompanying 60 chapters in the 4 textbooks assigned for the class and comment on at least a million student forum posts."
All whining aside, I really have enjoyed my class. I'm learning a lot and with the first two weeks of basics and learning how the teacher likes things out of the way, the material is much more interesting, and the assignments are a lot less likely to give me anxiety attacks.
I've also been really grateful (yes, I'm putting this in writing) for some of the changes that have happened at work. Without getting into too much detail, I pretty much threw a hissy fit, yelled at both of my bosses, and may or may not have cried quite a lot for about two days straight. I really enjoy my job and I do it well but I'm also extremely passive aggressive (until of course I break) and I'd just taken on way too much. All of the overtime I was putting in wasn't helping me to get it all done (add lack of sleep to the equation). Bring on the hissy fit... but my boss really came through for me. He gave me a kind of side-kick/assistant that has been great in filling in for me when I need a day off or to help when I need to be doing other things at the office.
So here I am... taking a day off for extra time to get a big assignment done... texting my awesome sidekick about work... went to lunch with my brother... blogging... checking facebook... buying music on iTunes... and not getting my homework done. I have the strange urge to watch Ellen DeGeneres' stand up act about procrastination. I wonder if its on NetFlix...
<3
1 comment:
you passive aggressive? J/k but you do know how to put your food down!
Post a Comment