First I have to say sorry about all the whiney posts all in a row. Can you tell I was having a hard time of it? I also have to say that it is better now (which all of you assured me it would be). I'm actually having fun driving my new car around and I'm getting back to my old agressive self on the road. I think driving my boss around and totally looking like an idiot knocked all the stress out of me because really, after stalling in the middle of an intersection with my boss in the passenger seat, not much will phase me any more.
Work is still great. I'm getting to know everyone at work a little better and I'm getting the hang of how people like things done and also learning how to handle all the things work throws at me (including weird calls, mood swings, and rules). Something I need my Smith friends to realize, my new job isn't perfect. (Do you still hate me for rejecting my lifer status?) The biggest thing I've had to deal with is boredom. Don't get my wrong, I am PLENTY busy. I have seven huge stacks of invoices that need to be scanned and with business picking up for the winter I sometimes have nightmares about being buried under an ever growing stack of paper. That being said, it doesn't occupy much of my brain capacity to scan invoices. I pretty much could take a nap and do it if it wasn't for the minimal amount of reading involved. So one day I spent all eight hours of scanning thinking of ways to keep myself entertained. I daydreamed, I listened to music, and I occasionally got online to read the news or check my email. Then I had about five hours to go and realized I was going nuts. Then I had a brilliant upon brilliant idea. BOOKS ON CD! I tried that idea out for the first time today and time went by SO much faster. Sad thing is, I almost got through a whole novel in one shift. Lucky for me the Harry Potter books on CD are like 24 hours long :) So if anyone has a recommendation for a book, please please please let me know so that I can find it on CD somewhere.
Anyways, happy weekend everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment