What You'll Need
Crockpot
Crockpot liners (optional)
Skillet
Olive Oil
4 pork chops (I used thick cut)
10 oz can - cream of chicken soup
water
Medium yellow onion
Ranch dressing mix
Put your skillet on the stove and heat to med-high heat. While that's heating up...
Put the liner in your crock pot (or spray with non-stick spray)
Slice your onion and line the bottom of the crock pot
Once your skillet is hot, drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and brown each side of your pork chops. You're not looking to cook these through here, so leave them on just long enough for them to brown just a bit.
Place the pork chops in the crock pot on top of the onions. My 5 qt crock pot was just big enough for 4 of the large chops I got in a pack at Costco. I would guess that if you got thinner chops you could layer them, but I've never tried it. You'll just want to make sure you can cover all of the meat with your soup mixture.
In a separate bowl, mix the can of cream of chicken with 1 can's worth of water and the ranch packet. I whisked mine pretty well to get rid of the lumps. Pour the "soup" over your chops and give them a little nudge to let the soup work its way down and around them.
Cover the crock pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours (I let mine sit for 4 1/2 because I had monster size chops), or low 6-8 hours.
These were honestly better than I expected. Not dry and had a nice flavor. The original recipe here did not have the added onions, but that was one of my favorite parts about the recipe, so I'd recommend the change.
I served this with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted cabbage, and it got good reviews all around.
I also threw the recipe into MyFitnessPal and was surprised that is is also fairly low calorie!
ENJOY
No comments:
Post a Comment