Wednesday, February 8, 2012

When Things Don't Go As Planned... Whine

I feel like I've done REALLY well at not whining on my blog lately so please indulge me. This isn't even a whine its a "you know what I mean?"

The past few weeks/months/whatever have been full of little interesting choices and opportunities. Most of them come from being in a relationship that I'm hoping will last. Sometimes its hard to be an adult and "assess" your feelings before you cry, or yell, or laugh or whatever.

Some of the choices I'm making are "what's next?" type things. I know I ranted and raved about my awesome new job for weeks and weeks... but the exciting thing about it was that it was my first step into something new. It was never where I wanted to end up, and I (yet again) have found myself maxed out. I don't know how I get myself into positions where I move up and up and up and then "oh hey, there's the ceiling!"

So recently I was given a little more responsibility. My management changed and he told me that I'm "team lead." Part of me wants to be proud of that and the other, rather sarcastic, part of me is thinking "Team lead of two? Wow! I'm important!" And then there's this tiny part of me thinking, "I don't want to. Let me just sit back and do the interesting stuff instead of making me supervisor and sticking me with the boring crap." I just don't have time to do the fun stuff any more. I had to beg and plead for my manager to let me go to court and get out of the office tomorrow. I don't get to dig into cases any more and have to delegate the interesting stuff to my "assistant" (which I hate calling her because really, who wants to be my assistant?) The other day I was thinking that I'm stuck doing the tedious important stuff because I have seniority, but really, I don't want to do civil litigation anyways. I want to do criminal law... and lo and behold... I found a job posting with Davis County. I even got an interview. And today I found out that I didn't get the job.

Yes, I'm secure. I'm successful. I'm kind of a big deal at my office. (Kind of.) BUT....

REJECTION STINGS!

And chocolate only goes so far...

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yeah, but have chocolate with cinnamon bears, and you've got yourself a great pick-me-up! ;)