Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Back to School

Okay, I'm really bad at this. I guess there isn't a lot going on in my life that I find blog-worthy... finally there is something. I've decided to go back to school, and I'm pretty sure that is an indication that I've gone completely insane.

A few weeks ago I was thinking "Okay, I've moved home and enjoyed the cushy life for a few months. Now what?" I had been planning on moving out once I found a roommate and the right place. That wasn't happening and I needed to DO SOMETHING. When I finished my Associates in '08 I always planned on going back and suddenly it was actually possible. I looked at what it would take to finish my Bachelors and pretty much freaked out. Could I commit to two more years (4 semesters) of school? So I started thinking what about the money, my job, the time? What if something comes up and I don't finish? It would be a waste, I'd be right where I am now with less money. I still felt like school was a good option though... so now what?

With a little searching, I found an option that works. I'm going back to school to get my paralegal certificate. It isn't my first choice but it is something I'm interested and definitely a growing job field. I always have felt like law is where I've been headed. I just had been planning on being on the dirtier side of things, looking at crime scenes and wearing a uniform. I'm actually excited though. This is will be an opportunity to learn a lot and will allow me to stay full time at work. It is a two semester commitment (Should be done next August) and really should open up some job options... and I don't have to take Chemistry again!

Like I said, I might be crazy but then again... I pretty much always have been

No comments: