Friday, July 19, 2013

Ups and Downs

I know it has been awhile since I've posted anything... here's my excuse. I decided to really buckle down on this eating better thing, and I've done terribly until this week. I am not great at creative meals that lack carbs and sugar... and if I can't have it, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT! Rather, if I think about it too much, I'll crack and that'd just be sad.

On the up side, I have been experimenting with some healthy home made snacks. Down side, major fails so far. I have yet to successfully dehydrate ANYTHING in my oven. The strawberries were a complete and very sad fail. They were so beautiful... the big ones from Costco... and then they were gross. I'm going to keep trying, though I might have to cave and get a real dehydrator. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE fresh fruit, but I REALLY am feeling the need to switch it up or I might go crazy.

Since I do NOT have a recipe for you today, I do have a tip. Check out Mountain Town Olive Oil. It will change your life. Steve and I found this place at the Gateway in Downtown SLC while we wandered on his birthday. If you live anywhere near there... just go in. You won't regret it and they will give you samples with out pressuring you to buy. You'll probably buy anyways... we did. This place has ALL KINDS of amazing infused oils and balsamic vinegars and we had a tough time choosing. We ended up getting some Persian Lime Olive Oil and Coconut White Balsamic.  I marinated some tilapia in the two, coated it in bread cumbs and coconut flakes and AH-MA-ZING! So light and fresh tasting. Very worth your time, trust me. If you don't happen to live close, check out the website, and if you need an opinion on an interesting flavor... I will happily go down and check it out for you!

No comments: